Goofs and Gadflies

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Reasons Why I Will Die Alone and Single

I've got another post in the pipes that I am really enjoying laying out and I hope to have that done for tomorrow. But as I was putting it together, I was interrupted by the following MSN conversation.

C- says:
are you the child psychologist

Just Rye:
nope, I sell souvenirs
C- says:
lol

C- says:
thougth you were someone else

Just Rye:
It's something I often do myself, talk to enough people and they all start to look and sound alike,
C- says:
lol

Just Rye:
I think there has to be a happy medium between not dating at all, and being on jdate....
C- says:
lol

Just Rye:
I'm trying to find it.
C- says:
i would prefer not dating

Just Rye:
true, but when I go for walks, and I see the ducks swimming together, I get winsome
C- says:
what is winsome

Just Rye:
winsome: generally pleasing and engaging often because of a childlike charm and innocence
2 : CHEERFUL, GAY
C- says:
oh

C- says:
listen, i am not in the mood for chatting now. maybe we could talk another day


--------------

Woe is me.

4 Comments:

  • Whatever, dude. Maybe she just wasn't into chatting then. There's also the other maybe, that she just isn't into chatting with you. And if that's the case, why waste your time? It's not proof of anything in your future. Your future is yours to forge. And if it's not, then I'm screwed too. So buck up there, little camper. She's out there. And she's probably dating my boyfriend. So let's go find them and smack dem bitches up!

    Cheers...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:16 PM  

  • Totally understood. Its something I've been self conscious about my whole life. My vocabulary. I was teased about it as a child. As an adult, people think it's me "trying too hard" to impress people with big words.

    The "woe is me" was just a little hyperbole. I was smirking gently at the time.

    By Blogger Rye, At 4:38 AM  

  • whenever I have a particularly bad date (blind or Jdate) I say:
    "reason #76 that I'm still single...THIS guy."
    *sigh* oy.
    (that said, I agree with Esther...has no bearing on what could happen tomorrow...)

    By Blogger Zenchick, At 2:46 PM  

  • Yep. I have a love/hate relationship with that website. I see what it could be and love it, but turn around and hate it for what it often descends into.

    Right now, my profile is suspended and I am just gathering my wits and planning my next move.

    I hear NYC has a lot of single jewish women....

    By Blogger Rye, At 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home